Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Prayer Calendar Ideas - DO THIS!

Do you ever get tired of praying for the same people? Do you ever seem to run out of people to pray for? Do you ever find yourself going through the motions in your prayer life? Maybe you don't… but I do!  Here is a helpful pattern I learned from Professor Rich Gurgel at the Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary.  You might want to adjust a few things to make it your own… as I have. I have found it to be very, very helpful.  

Monday - wife, sons, future daughters-in-law, daughter-in-law family, grandchildren and future spouses, plus three more generations.

Tuesday - all congregations God has blessed my family to be served by and/or to serve in, synod leaders, world/home missionaries, area pastors, congregational leaders, government officials national, state, local.

Wednesday - my extended family, siblings, spouses, nieces\nephews, personal friends, difficult people

Thursday - my wife's extended family - same details as Wednesday.

Friday - our country, it's government, it's culture, economy, local business, for enemies, the suffering and poor and those who help them both inside and outside the congregation.

Saturday - blessings on weekend worship services, focus on Jesus' mission, lost and spiritually hurting, remembrance of those departed.

Please let my know how this works for you!  See you this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment